vineri, 19 septembrie 2014

First pieces of Lisbon


 3 weeks ago today, I came to Lisbon not having any idea what to expect from this city (sorry that I didn't wrote sooner, but a lot of things happened in this 3 weeks - follow to blog, i will tell the whole story soon).

I have to admit that the city it's nothing as I expected it to be - in a good way and in a bad way (there are always ups and downs). Of course, I was overwhelmed from the beginning with the beautiful weather and the amazing light that is in the city, with the order and unity of the buildings, with the mixture of contemporary-new and classic-old, the boheme atmosphere and the fado music on the streets. I could just go on and on about everything I love in Lisbon, and I will do so with every post from now on,but i have to tell you the downsides also.

If you are a Romanian like me, with sangre latino in his veins and passion and nerve in every cell of the body, you will find Lisbon dull ( wait, wait, don't kill me yet); Dull in the sense of: very,very calm people- everybody is very nice and always smiling and wanting to help; you will never see a traffic as calm as here: i didn't hear a claxon since i arrived (even if you cross the street on red light the cars let you pass!!!! -try and do that in Bucharest without getting killed or beaten by the angry driver), also whoever lied me about how great the nightlife is in Lisbon - shame on you! the parties are nothing compared with our parties back home (and I am not a party animal)...well, yes, people get out and drink and have fun on the streets and in the little bars and clubs...but something it's missing. Maybe, MAYBE it's just me in this period of accommodation and I will come to love it and discovered that it's not like the first impression - I will let you know. Anyway, I miss Bucharest, the city where people scream at each other in the corners of the streets, start fights, cars are fast and furious and so are people and my nights in the Old Town with friends; BUT, here I met a lot of nice people, and I am making new friends every night, and discovering new things everyday and falling in love with the city every minute, and the food, and the little shops...so it's very confusing for me at this point.

Moving on, I will see what the future has reserved for me, until then I will let you see this pictures I took on my firsts hours in Lisbon, all over the city. Promise that soon I will be more organised and try to sort things out for you and make categories, so when you will come here to have the best virtual guide ever!